Computers/Software | Part-Time - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blend is currently seeking an exceptional Linux Administrator to join our Systems Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a fast-growing company with a track record of success. The person will work remotely from the comfort of their own lab.
- Design and develop deployment automation tools for software deployments and upgrades.
- Perform regular audits and remediation of deficiencies.
- Configure and manage performance monitoring tools and notification services.
- Design, configure and tune a high availability Linux system.
- Undertake various housekeeping and reporting functions for the areas of responsibility, including product deployments, upgrades & maintenance.
- Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper back-up and recovery procedures.
- Provide feedback to Product Engineering team on product enhancements for optimized deployment.
- Maintain the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems.
- Support third party applications on products used in support of corporate mission critical systems.
Are you a fit?
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organized approach to individual project planning, documentation, execution, and communication.
- Someone who thrives off of gaining efficiency through standardization and automation.
- Tenacity, dependability & reliability.
- Capable of working in a disciplined manner remotely.
- Ability to work both independently and within a geographically distributed team.
- Methodical & disciplined approach to problem solving and analysis.
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years Linux (or UNIX) system administration experience
- BA/BS degree or relevant industry experience required
- Thorough knowledge of RHEL/CentOS administration and tuning
- Strong scripting/programming skills in one or more common scripting languages - Bash, Perl, Python
- System configuration management automation experience a plus
- Network and Linux application security skills a plus